For some of us, noticing the cost of high-end perfume can lead us to want to know which ones are best right away. This helps us avoid making an expensive mistake.
But the best Parfums de Marly fragrances are pretty much all of them. There are a couple that smell less pleasant than expected. But overall, you can’t beat the performance of these colognes, or the amount of care and detail that goes into making each fragrance.
Let’s continue with which Parfums de Marly fragrances are best to try and which ones you might want to avoid.
Reviews of the Top 7 Parfums de Marly Scents
Here are seven select Parfums de Marly fragrances that I think are the best of the lot. Available in one of two sizes and various olfactory families, I’ve attempted to include at least one from each of this company’s offerings.
1. Parfums de Marly Delina Eau de Parfum
- Launched by the design house of Perfumes de Marley in the year 2017
- This floral fragrance has a blend of bergamot, rhubarb, litchi, nutmeg, Turkish rose, peony, petunia, vanilla, cashmere, Haitian vetiver, cedar, and incense
- It helps keep unwanted body odor away and ensures that you smell good throughout the day
A customer favorite, Delina is a highly feminine floral eau de parfum with high longevity. This scent will last on your skin for at least eight hours, but likely longer.
Available in a 75 mL (2.5 fl oz) size, its bottle is light pink with matching cording and a matte silver stopper.
Some rose scents can seem stuffy or “old lady” like but Delina is light, sensual, and sweet. A highly versatile fragrance, this scent can be worn daily, year-round.
You’ll initially encounter the tanginess of lychee fruit and rhubarb combined with aromatic bergamot and spicy-sweet nutmeg.
- Rhubarb, Lychee, Bergamot Essence, Nutmeg
- Turkish Rose, Lily-of-the-valley, Peony, Vanilla
- Cashmeran, Musk, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Incense
The most dominant heart note is the luxurious Turkish rose, which is softened by the ever-magical peony and vanilla. A smooth transition into earthy, woody, and smoky notes is surprising, but works well.
2. Parfums de Marly Cassili Eau de Parfum
- Floral Fruity Woody
- Top Notes Citrus, Pepper
- Heart Notes Plum Accord, Mimosa Absolute, Plumeria, Petalia
- Base Notes Sandalwood, Tonka Beans, Vanilla Pod
Also 75 mL (2.5 fl oz), this bottle has a soft peachy-orange hue that reminds me of a creamsicle.
Because it has fewer wood notes and doesn’t incorporate any spice notes, Cassili’s longevity is between 6 to 8 hours on your skin. Lighter and fruitier, this scent is best worn during spring and summer.
Cassili is an interesting combination of delicacy and sophisticated indulgence. Its sillage is highly memorable.
The bright and fresh Bulgarian rose is a wonderful introduction to this fragrance. Red currant lends fruitiness, and the other floral notes balance out the see-saw.
- Red Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Transparent White Flowers
- Plum Accord, Mimosa Absolute, Plumeria, Petalia
- Sandalwood, Tonka Beans, Vanilla Pod
It is not often that plum notes dominate the heart layer of a fragrance, but here it’s done well, balanced with the somewhat citrus floral note, plumeria (also called frangipani). Mimosa plant lends powdery, fresh, and woody notes. Petalia breathes air into this heart layer.
Cassili’s base notes aren’t as innovative as the top and middle but they’re reliable and aid in longevity.
3. Parfums de Marly Safanad Eau de Parfum
- Increase attraction
- Long lasting fragrance
- For all skin type
Only offered in clear, 75ml (2.5 fl oz) glass bottles, there’s no question that Parfums de Marley wanted to showcase Safanad’s rich amber hue.
Contrasted with black cording and tassels and a matte gold topper, the presentation alone makes an enduring statement. With its near eternal longevity, Safanad eau de toilette gives you an immense amount of value for the price. Warm and inviting, this fragrance is best worn any time of day during fall and winter.
Safanad opens with sweet orange blossom and pear notes, complemented by citrusy fresh petitgrain.
- Orange, Pear, Petitgrain Essence
- Ylang-Ylang, Orange Blossom, Jasmine Sambac Absolute
- Amber, Vanilla, Sandalwood
Joyfully sensuous heart notes carry your senses to the heart of velvety ylang-ylang, sweet jasmine and creamy orange blossom. You’ll sink into more sweetness as this fragrance dries down. But it’s an elegant, delightful sweetness.
4. Parfums de Marly Greenly Eau de Parfum
- Hesperides, Tonic, Woody
- Top Notes: Sicilian Beramot, Mandarin, Green Apple, Cashmere Wood
- Heart Notes: Cedarwood, Petitgrain, Violet, Pomarose
- Base Notes: Oakmoss, Musk, Amberwood Accord
- Made in France, Parfum, 75mL
Available in two bottle sizes, 75 mL (2.5 fl oz) or 125 mL (4.2 fl oz), Greenly is an aromatic, unisex fragrance.
Its jade green glass bottle represents freshness and levity. Perfectly worn during spring and summer, this invigorating fragrance is like a brisk morning walk through the woods.
In fact, Greenly opens you up to the forest with its powdery wood and pungent bergamot notes, softened by crisp apple and juicy mandarin.
- Sicilian Bergamot, Mandarin, Green Apple, Cashmere Wood
- Cedarwood, Petitgrain, Violet, Pomarose
- Oakmoss, Musk, Amberwood Accord
More floral and wood notes linger at the heart of Greenly. You’ll literally smell like a breath of fresh air. The dry down is equally grounded in forest notes. Freshness in a bottle.
5. Parfums de Marly Herod Eau de Parfum
- For all skin type
- Increase attraction
- Long lasting fragrance
- English (Publication Language)
While Herod is also considered one of Parfum de Marly’s unisex fragrances, be mindful that it’s a wood and smoke-heavy fragrance that’s best worn during fall and winter.
Its chocolate brown exterior hints to its olfactory formula. You can choose between 75 mL (2.5 fl oz) or 125 mL (4.2 fl oz) bottles.
Herod can last forever on your skin, but it’s not a fragrance for everyone. It’s heavy but simultaneously subtle, so it won’t offend others (unless you spray it on during the summer).
- Cinnamon, Pepper
- Tobacco Leaf, Incense, Ciste, Osmanthus
- Vanilla pods, Musk, Woody accord, patchouli
These notes are pretty straightforward. If you dislike the smell of cigars, then you would want to try a different Parfums de Marly fragrance. Though it does smell like a smoke room, Herod is tasteful and well-rounded.
6. Parfums de Marly Oajan Eau de Parfum
- Long lasting fragrance
- For all skin type
- Unforgettable, tranquilly invigorating and extremely pleasant scent of Oajan Eau de Parfum is suitable for wearing day and night
- English (Publication Language)
Another unisex fragrance, this one is resinous, not woody. Even though there aren’t any wood notes, Oajan lasts indefinitely on your skin.
Available in black 125 mL (2.5 fl oz) bottles with a gold cap, this voluminous fragrance is best for winter, spring, or fall.
Osmanthus is a white floral note that smells similar to jasmine. That combined with honeyed cinnamon, reveals the rich warmth of Oajan right out the gate.
- Cinnamon, Honey, Osmanthus
- Benzoin, Amber, Labdanum
- Patchouli, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Davana
Its heart notes are what makes Oajan an intoxicating fragrance. An amber-forward center brings a smoothness that’s amplified by labdanum petals and velvety benzoin. Closing notes are earthy, spicy, and sweet.
7. Parfums de Marly Layton Eau de Parfum
- Opening with fresh notes of thyme, spicy saffron and cypress
- Anchored by rose, orris and jasmine
- Finishes off with heady woody notes of white cedar wood, vetyver, leather, musk, amber and vanilla
- Best time to wear: All day long, from morning to evening, especially during the colder months
Warm and spicy, Layton is a masculine oriental floral fragrance that can be worn all day and projects best when it’s cooler outside.
Housed in a dark blue bottle with a silver cap, Layton is available in 125 mL (4.2 fl oz) or 75 mL (2.5 fl oz) bottle sizes.
- Apple, Bergamot, Lavender
- Jasmine, Violet, Geranium
- Vanilla, Pepper, Guaiac Wood, Patchouli
Peculiar for a men’s fragrance, somehow these fruity and floral notes meld together into a captivating masculine scent that’s at once refined and exhilarating. As Layton dries down, you may even notice hints of caramelized coffee.
If you’re looking for a signature scent, then I would suggest this memorable and arresting fragrance. Its longevity is immeasurable, and you’ll leave a long, winding trail whenever you wear this scent.
All about the Parfums de Marly Paris Brand
Named for the French royal court designated for fun and games with friends, Parfums de Marly is a modern couture perfumery with deep historical roots. There’s a story behind every scent.
Founded in 2009 by Julien Sprecher at the outset of niche perfumery, Parfums de Marly is a niche fragrance brand inspired by the elevated fragrance traditions of 18th century France.
These niche scents are all elegant yet current with the utmost care taken to incorporate selective ingredients, creating delicately balanced formulations.
Locations of Parfums de Marly Paris
Currently there are four physical locations that are owned and operated by Parfums de Marly Paris. Major international cities include Paris, New York City, Dubai, and London.
But if you enjoy in-store experiences, you can find Parfums de Marley at over 1,000 locations worldwide. From Hawaii, USA, to Ghana, Africa, to Bangkok, Thailand, all the way down under in Sydney, Australia. Access to Parfums de Marly Paris is plentiful.
And of course, you can find authentic Parfums de Marly Paris fragrances through multiple ecommerce websites online.
Reforest’Action and Parfums de Marly Paris
Over 4 million trees are removed from the Amazon each year.
In an effort to promote biodiversity and reduce the negative impact of deforestation, Parfums de Marly Paris has partnered with the French restoration and preservation organization, Reforest’Action.
Through partnership with this company, Parfums de Marley has already planted over 15,000 trees since 2001. They plant in a forest located in the southwestern Brazilian state of Rondônia. This forest is the fourth most affected by deforestation in all of the Amazon.
So, the trees that Parfums de Marly Paris has planted helps restore the areas of this forest that have been degraded by forest clearings.
Not only does restoring trees to the area replenish much-needed carbon dioxide, which provides us with oxygen, reforestation also provides shelter for birds and animals reliant upon trees and branches to live. This project also employs locals which has a positive impact on the local economy.
Parfums de Marly Paris Fragrance Lines
All Parfums de Marly Paris colognes have eau de parfum fragrance concentration. This means that there’s 15-30% of fragrance oil used with each one. And if stored properly, your Parfums de Marly fragrances should last for at least three years after your first spray.
Every eau de parfum is made in France using superior quality ingredients. Both natural and synthetic ingredients are used. In terms of sustainability and prevention of animal cruelty, fragrance notes like musk and ambergris are synthetic.
Parfums de Marly Masculine & Unisex Scents
With close to forty releases since 2009, there are an abundance of fragrances to choose from. Some have olfactory notes that lean more towards traditionally masculine or feminine scents, but there are also a number of unisex fragrances that both men and women might enjoy wearing.
These shared scents have an asterisk by their names on the list of men’s scents. Parfums de Marly’s fragrances for men are mostly woody, spicy, and/or aromatic. Presently, they include:
- Akaster – a deep, spicy oud.
- Carlisle* – an airy, fresh, and earthy fragrance.
- Darley – a fresh, floral, aromatic.
- Galloway – spicy, warm, and woody.
- Godolphin – an aromatic floral with a wood base.
- Greenly* – this new citrus fragrance is equally energetic and earthy.
- Habdan – a heated aromatic with floral, fruity, and sweet notes.
- Haltane – a newer scent, it’s freshly aromatic with bold wood notes.
- Herod* – spicy, smoky, and woody, with wafts of floral and vanilla notes.
- Kalan* – apicy, fresh, and fruity with hints of lavender and a woody base.
- Kuhuyan – floral and leather notes with a tonka bean base.
- Layton – a spicy floral with a woody vanilla base.
- Layton Exclusif – a more intense woody vanilla base beneath citrusy, spicy, and aromatic floral notes.
- Nisean – resinous and woody with hints of smoke and milkiness.
- Oajan* – sweet honeyed fruit with cinnamon dusting and an earthy base.
- Percival – an aromatic citrus fragrance with a spiced wood base.
- Pegasus* – a powdery scent with spices, woods, fruit, and flowers.
- Pegasus Exclusif – another oud fragrance combined with spices and vanilla.
- Sedly – light and fresh aquatic scent with floral notes.
- Shagya – an interesting combination of bergamot, red berry, wood, and papyrus notes.
All of the men’s and unisex fragrance bottles are made of clear or colored glass embossed with the company’s equestrian crest top center and text logo at the bottom.
Any reference to horses stems from a nod to the King’s passion for horses during the 18th century. King Louis XV even had Chevaux de Marly sculptures erected at the Marly palace entrance in 1743.
Parfums de Marly Feminine Scents
Parfums de Marly’s more feminine fragrances are mostly floral and/or spicy. They’re all bottled in rectangular frosted or colored glass containers with rounded corners and a cinched waist. The body is embossed with a decorative arts frame.
Each bottle is topped with coordinating spherical stoppers. Twisted satiny cording hangs from the neck of each bottle with terminal tassels on each end.
Current fragrances include:
- Athalia – a floral-forward scent with musk, amber, and vanilla base notes.
- Cassili – fruity floral fragrance with sandalwood, and vanilla base notes.
- Darcy – a citrus-forward scent with a floral heart and earthy gourmand base.
- Delina – a sweet floral with musky and fruity notes.
- Delina Exclusif – a sophisticated and smoky floral with fruity and creamy accords.
- Delina La Rosée – new, delicate freshness of a floral aquatic scent.
- Meliora – fresh and floral notes dry down to a sweet, woody base.
- Oriana – the newest gourmand fragrance that’s sweet, citrusy, and sensual.
- Safanad – warm florals with an amber vanilla wood base.
- Sedbury – highly feminine floral focus with a sweet and earthy, wood base.
- Valaya – one of their newest releases, it’s woody floral musk with hints of fresh cotton.
In addition to individual scents, Parfums de Marly Paris offers discovery sets, travel sets, gift sets, and fragranced body products. Their Body Line is inclusive of shower gels, body oils, body cream, hair mist, and perfumed candles.
Customer Opinions about Parfums de Marly Fragrances
In many cases, customer opinions strengthen when a higher price tag is involved. When paying a higher price, it’s expected that that product will be worth every penny.
While customer satisfaction for Parfums de Marly fragrances is high, their scents aren’t ideal for everyone.
This is What Customers Enjoy about Parfums de Marley Fragrances
- Delightful, elegant, refined. Parfums de Marly collections are unprecedented, even for the niche fragrance category.
- Although some scent notes seem odd, once sprayed on, they’re harmonious and enjoyable.
- You’ll receive lots of compliments when wearing Parfums de Marley.
Here’s What Customers Dislike about Parfums de Marley Fragrances
- Pegasus is one of the Parfums de Marly fragrances that gets a thumbs-down from customers. Its scent is displeasing to many individuals.
- Their Darcy fragrance turned out to be lackluster as it smells nice but doesn’t have as much longevity as the other, Parfums de Marly Paris, fragrances.
- Some of their scents are so nuanced that they won’t compliment the masses.
But because fragrance is subjective, you should always try a perfume that has scent notes that you’re familiar with and have liked on your skin. It’s also perfectly fine to experiment with something new, even if others dislike it.
Although you can expect to pay multiple hundreds of dollars per bottle of Parfums de Marley, you’re unlikely to be disappointed by your fragrance selection from this company.
I hope that these reviews offered insight into what I believe to be the best seven Parfums de Marly fragrances. Whether they’re fresh, woody, spicy, or floral, I think you’ll find a fitting fragrance that adds value to your life.
For a unique scent experience, try Cassili eau de parfum. The plum notes will send you soaring. Parfums de Marly’s Layton eau de parfum would make for an exceptional signature scent to be worn on most any day.