There are a number of reasons why you might want to purchase alternatives to Creed Aventus. The most obvious reason is to pay a lower price. Another reason could be that you tire of the fragrance variation that occurs between batches due to Creed’s infusion process.
Whatever the reason, I’ve researched tens of Creed Aventus clones in order to share the best alternatives that you must try.
Top 7 Creed Aventus Alternatives
As a review Aventus has a strong pineapple opening that’s accompanied by bergamot, apple, and black currant leaves. Next, you’ll encounter birchwood, jasmine, patchouli, and pink peppercorns. Lastly, base notes include ambergris, musk, oakmoss, and vanilla.
Fragrances on this list of Aventus clones may not mirror the above fragrance accords exactly, but they share enough fragrance notes to mimic the Aventus original.
I suggest you narrow the list down to two or three, and then give them all a try to determine whether or not they sit well on your skin.
1. Closest Match: Club de Nuit Intense Man Eau de Parfum by Armaf
- Launched by the design house of Armaf
- Lemon, black currant, apple, bergamot, birch, pinapple, rose and jasmine.
- It is long lasting fragrance
- Keeps you refreshing all day
- It’s a recommended for casual wear.
Size: 200 mL (6.8 fl oz)
Approximate price: Just under $100 USD
Fragheads around the world agree that Club de Nuit Intense is the closest you’re going to get to a Creed Aventus clone.
The price is about one-fifth of what you pay for 100 mL (3.4 fl oz) of the famous original. So, you’d be getting twice as much juice for a significantly lower price.
Apart from price, fragrance notes are quite close. But I must warn you that you might be taken aback with the initial opening. It’s more pungent than Aventus and can even be described as unpleasant.
But as time passes, I promise you that it smells a lot like Creed Aventus. Here are the accords:
- Black currant
Launched in 2015, you can read through these fragrance notes and see that Club de Nuit Intense was quite deliberately inspired by Creed Aventus.
Patchouli was placed on the base layer instead of in the middle and oakmoss was excluded altogether. There also aren’t any peppery notes, but this fragrance performs fantastically, so it isn’t simply a cheap knock-off.
2. Hard to Find Closest Match: Club de Nuit Intense Men Limited Edition Parfum by Armaf
- Top Note: Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant, Pineapple, Lemon
- Middle Note: Rose, Birch, Jasmine
- Base Note: Musk, Ambergris, Patchouli, Vanilla
- Experience the re imagining of the luxury fragrance, bringing together all the best parts, creating a Legendary product. Deserving of the title of luxury.
- English (Publication Language)
Size: 105 mL (3.6 fl oz)
Approximate price: Under $75 USD
If this weren’t a limited-edition fragrance, I would have labeled it the closest match hands down. It’s smooth and sophisticated, and you’re sure to be showered with compliments.
- Black pepper
- Pink pepper
- White musk
Again, it’s the middle layer that’s most different, but includes peppery notes along with cedar in lieu of oak moss.
This layer is more powdery with the addition of leather for the dry down. Still, I don’t think you can get a more accurate clone than this one.
You can wear this one year-round. It has strong sillage and insane longevity.
- Brand New
- Original Item
- Factory Sealed
- Never Used
- Quality Product
Size: 50 mL (1.7 fl oz)
Approximate price: Slightly over $100 USD
Nishane is a unisex fragrance first released in 2017. It’s another one that can be worn year-round, but this one may not project as well on the coldest of winter days.
- Woody notes
You won’t find the birch notes here but its oakmoss and woody dry down compensate for that.
This fragrance also excludes peppercorn at the opening and vanilla at the close. So Nishane is less edgy and not as sweet, but it’s still a lovely scent.
Nishane has exceptional longevity – even longer than Aventus – so you can apply it once and wear it well into the night. Sillage is very strong, so if you’re looking to get noticed, then Nishane is the choice for you.
4. Freshest Most Simple Alternative: Vibrant Leather Eau de Parfum by Zara
Size: 100 mL (3.4 fl oz)
Approximate price: About $75 USD
A 2018 release, Vibrant Leather has one of the simplest layer accord arrangements in the entire list. The result is a clean fragrance that has moderate sillage and longevity.
Bergamot lends a fresh introduction and there’s no doubt that bamboo extends the fresh and grassy notes. Birch notes are absent, but leather gives this fragrance an earthy, somewhat sweet, and smoky finish.
5. More Mature, Less Fruity Clone: L’Aventure Eau de Parfum by Al Haramain
- L'Aventure by Al Haramain Perfumes is a Chypre Fruity fragrance for men.
- Top notes are Lemon, Bergamot and Elemi.
- Middle Notes are Woody Notes, Jasmine, and Lily-of-the-Valley.
- The base notes are Musk, Patchouli and Amber.
Size: 100 mL (3.4 fl oz)
Approximate price: Under $50 USD
L’Aventure can be worn during most months, but it might not smell as strong when it’s really cold outside. You may have to reapply it if you intend to stay out late into the evening. Aside from that, it’s a pretty versatile fragrance.
The asking price is significantly lower than Aventus, but this is a high-quality fragrance with fantastic longevity and better than good sillage.
- Wood notes
Elemi offers a piney, balsamic, citrusy scent that supports the lemon and bergamot notes. It also lends spice notes in keeping with pink peppercorns found in Aventus. I’d say that this top layer smells slightly more complex than Aventus, though.
There are far fewer fruity notes, so if the fruitiness of Aventus was a turn off for you, then you may be drawn to L’Aventure.
Instead of birchwood, you’ll smell a woody blend combined with sweet jasmine floral notes in the middle. Patchouli has been added to the base instead of the middle, making that fragrance last longer as the scent dries down.
Although there isn’t any vanilla or oakmoss on the base level, the amber lends some sweet piney vanilla notes.
L’Aventure is more of a mature scent for middle-aged and older gentlemen.
6. Budget Alternative: Insurrection II Pure Eau de Toilette for Men by Reyane Tradition
- This fragrance is 100% original.
- Insurrection II Pure is recommended for daytime or casual use
Size: 89 mL (3 fl oz)
Approximate price: Under $25 USD
A 2013 launch, Insurrection II Pure is a very inexpensive clone with moderate longevity and sillage.
Looking at the fragrance layers, Insurrection II Pure is nearly an exact match to Creed Aventus and may have been one of the first clones, but Insurrection II Pure won’t perform as well as Aventus.
The fragrance can be worn year-round, but you can expect less projection in fall and winter. Expecting the scent to last well into the evening would be a stretch. But for the price, Insurrection II Pure performs decently and has good value for the cost.
Cassis is the same as black currant leaves found on the top layer of Aventus. The only ingredient lacking is pink peppercorns, so you can expect this fragrance to be less spicy.
That said, people who’ve smelled Creed Aventus before will wonder if you’re wearing it when you spray on Insurrection II Pure. You’ll definitely receive an abundance of compliments. The only drawback is that you’ll likely have to reapply the fragrance sooner than you would if you were wearing Aventus.
7. Aquatic Alternative: Hawas for Him Eau de Parfum by Rasasi
- About Hawas - Hawas for Him blends cinnamon, bergamot, orange blossom, grey amber and sandalwood to create an aquatic scent designed to embody masculine strength and vigor. This fresh elegant woody perfume combines the premium Italian citrus and the fruity freshness of pear and pineapple. The heart of this modern fougere is based on aquatic elements combined with melon and violet.
- About Daarej - Dareej for men is a spicy, flirty and romantic concoction that opens on strong spicy notes and meanders through the floral middle notes laced with a whiff of romance by the rose highlights. The base notes are a delightful mélange of earthy, soft, creamy and lingering notes of sandalwood, tempered to sweet warmth by amber and Tonka beans. The intoxicating and seductive notes of animalistic musk are caressed by plumes of dark and smoky exotic patchouli.
- About Shuhrah - Shuhrah for men blends bergamot, frankincense, cedar wood, oak moss & Oudh with floral inflecti Hawas for Her incorporates pomegranate, jasmine sambac and vetiver for an haute couture perfume aimed at women who are seeking an edgy, yet chic fashion statement. Top Notes: Apple, Grapefruit, & Pomegranate Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Iris Natural, & Citrus Base Notes: Patchouli, Vetiver, & Praline.
- Hawas for Her incorporates pomegranate, jasmine sambac and vetiver for an haute couture perfume aimed at women who are seeking an edgy, yet chic fashion statement. Top Notes: Apple, Grapefruit, & Pomegranate Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Iris Natural, & Citrus Base Notes: Patchouli, Vetiver, & Praline.
- Daarej Pour Femme is a fruity floral fragrance with a unique green accord in the opening notes. The floral bouquet of middle notes adds a softness and romance to the perfume. Top Notes: Bergamot, Orange, Green, Accord, & Peach Middle Notes: Muguet, Jasmine, Tuberose, Orchid, & Heliotrope Base Notes: Vanilla, Carmel, Vetiver, Patchouli, Sandal, Amber & Musk.
Size: 100 mL (3.4 fl oz)
Approximate price: Under $75 USD
In addition to being an aquatic fragrance, Hawas for Him is slightly spicier than Aventus. It has strong sillage and longevity which means it offers good value for the price.
- Watery notes
- Orange blossom
This is a strong fragrance that smells more masculine than feminine, but it can still be categorized as unisex.
There aren’t any fresh leaf notes on the top layer nor is there pineapple, but I think plum offers some sweet notes in the middle layer.
All of the middle layer notes veer away from Aventus. Instead of birchwood, there’s spicy-sweet cardamom. In lieu of jasmine, you have orange blossom. And patchouli has been shifted to the base instead of the middle.
But some Hawas for Men base notes overlap with Aventus. Driftwood is in place of oakmoss, and vanilla has been excluded, but there’s musk and ambergris.
Hawas for Him is the only fragrance on this list with aquatic or plum notes.
Whether it’s due to price or simply preference, you have a number of alternative Creed Aventus options to test out.
If you’re looking to find the closest match, then you have to try Club de Nuit Intense Men Limited Edition Parfum by Armaf – if you can get your hands on it, that is. Otherwise, Club de Nuit Intense Man is the next best thing.
For a smoother, even more sophisticated fragrance than Aventus, try Nishane Extrait de Parfum as an alternative.